Sunday, February 26, 2006

Nix the Six

150 days til what I'm planning 2 be the last day that I work 4 somebody else. Yep. still scared shitless, but I'm making this journey.

I was reading a book and it suggested that if U want 2 change your life, change the company U keep. Evaluate where U R now and how it's different from where U want 2 go. It then said 2 list the six people U spend the majority of your time with. The six people U spend most of your time with should represent the lifestyle/values/quality of life you are on the journey to attaining. If they are not, you should change them.

So, I made my list of six. Yep, all broke like me! The most glaring thing I noticed is who occupied the #1 slot. Not my bf, not my mom, not any of my best friends (in fact my best friends didn't even make the list!). Nope. The #1 slot is occupied by that crazy red-head I work with. My lovely and sometimes slightly disturbed co-worker. 8 hours a day, every day, five days a week. She's married with kids, very happy where she is, not looking 2 change anything and we truly couldn't be more different. Lawd hamercy. That has GOT 2 change and WILL in exactly 150 days.

Who will she be replaced with? I don't know, but according to my criteria it should be someone who's either:

1. Wealthy (making over six figures a year at least)
2. Working their passion full time (preferably music/acting/writing)
3. Someone adventurous who seeks more knowledge
4. Upwardly mobile and embraces new ideas
5. Well connected socially

I must fill my inner circle, or should I say my inner rings, with people who personify these traits. Tori, AC, 2 bad U guys live so far away cuz I would be hanging with U ALL THE TIME! You'd probably get sick of seeing my ass!

It's all good though. I'm so excited right now. I'm at the crossroads of major positive changes in my life and it's a great place 2 b.

"I feel good like I knew that I would, now!" - James Brown, I Feel Good

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home